Often, the task of arranging for a funeral falls to a small group or to a single survivor who may have little or no warning. These people are most often unprepared for the many decisions they will need to make.
Prearranging your funeral relieves your family of the emotional and financial stress of planning at the time of loss. Benefits of preplanning include:
- Assurance that your wishes will be known and executed according to your desires
- Eases the stress and burden on your survivors in making difficult decisions at the time of loss
- Relieves the financial burden on your loved ones
- Controls funeral costs by locking in costs at today's prices
- Insures pertinent information, such as military discharge papers, wills, or insurance information, are easily accessible to whoever is in charge of finalizing your funeral
Discussing arrangements with your family is also essential, as the funeral affects them most directly. Making your wishes known in advance can do much to help loved ones carry them out. You may wish to leave your requests flexible to allow survivors to make appropriate arrangements for the fulfillment of their own emotional needs.
Prefunding a funeral service is another way to lessen the future burden on family members. It allows an individual to arrange a service at today’s prices, thus preventing escalating costs. And it avoids a later financial expense, at a time when family finances are often unsure.
If you are interested, you are welcome to make an appointment with one of our professionals. They will visit with you about vital information, the visitation, ceremony, committal service, what happens after the funeral, memorials and personalization, financial information, and the grieving process. If you would like to make an appointment, or if you would like to receive your free copy of our Preplanning Guide, please contact us